MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Terry Henderson scored 20 of his 28 points in the second half to lead West Virginia to an 87-81 win over Texas Tech on Wednesday night.
Henderson bounced back from a poor performance in a loss Saturday at Kansas State with his career best, topping the 23 points he scored against Michigan last year.
West Virginia (11-8, 3-3 Big 12) needed Henderson’s effort because Texas Tech’s Dusty Hannahs scored a career-high 25 points.
Texas Tech (10-9, 2-4) trimmed a 10-point deficit to 85-81 on three free throws by Robert Turner with 30 seconds left, but the Red Raiders didn’t score again.
West Virginia’s Juwan Staten added 16 points and Eron Harris had 15.
Texas Tech also got 16 points from Jaye Crockett, 15 from Toddrick Gotcher and 13 from Turner.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- TCU Will Advance To Big 12 Championship Game, If They Beat Baylor
- Fort Worth Fire Department Vehicle Stolen From House Fire Scene
- Barnes Beats The Buzzer To Lift Mavericks Over Grizzlies 95-94
- MacKinnon Assists On Every Goal As Avalanche Blank Stars 3-0
- Hotel Chef Prepares Thanksgiving Meal For Dallas First Responders
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures