Dallas Stars Mock Justin Bieber On Jumbotron
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — Justin Bieber has been in hiding following his DUI arrest on Thursday morning. But the Canadian pop star made an appearance at an NHL game on Thursday night in Dallas — at least on the Jumbotron.
During a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Dallas Stars staff placed the teen’s recent mugshot on the arena’s Jumbotron.
Bieber is a known Toronto Maple Leafs’ fan, having skated and practiced with the team in December of 2011.
A number of ‘Beliebers’ took to Twitter to criticize the move, calling the club “classless” for the jab. But the Stars don’t seem to mind the attention — hateful or not.
This isn’t the club’s first shot at a controversial celebrity. The club also welcomed Manti Te’o’s girlfriend to the arena for a game last season.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Top Texans With Late Score 21-14 In Preseason Finale
- Parents Want Sidewalks After Another Student Is Hit Walking To School
- Two Arrested, Charged With Murder Of Abilene Officer
- DFW Police Come Together In Support Of Governor’s Statewide Call
- Family Of Slain Dentist Speaks About Uptown Murder
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures