Dowell Scores 22 As UTA Tops Troy 59-56
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (AP) – Reger Dowell hit a pair of 3-pointers in the final 29 seconds and scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half while leading Texas-Arlington past Troy 59-56 Thursday night.
Dowell came into the game ranked 11th nationally and 1st in the Sun Belt Conference in scoring at 21.6 per game.
Jamel Outler added 10 points and Brandon Edwards pulled down 12 rebounds for the Mavericks (8-10, 3-3 Sun Belt Conference). Edwards moved into 6th on the school’s all-time rebounding list with 709.
Dowell’s 3-pointer with 29 seconds to play made it 56-53. Hunter Williams, who paced Troy (7-12, 2-5) with 19 points, answered with a 3 of his own 15 seconds later. Dowell made it 59-56 with another trey with 5 seconds to play before Williams missed a 3-pointer with 1 second remaining.
Jeff Mullahey scored 12 points for the Mavericks, who shot 34 percent from the floor.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Klyde Warren Park Celebrates 2 Successful Years
- Governor Perry’s First Court Appearance Rescheduled For Nov. 6
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures