DPD Asking For Help Finding Suspects In January 12 Murder
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – On January 17 an argument led to a weapon being drawn, a foot chase and lastly a deadly shooting. Now police are asking for your help identifying those responsible for the murder.
The shooting occurred on a Sunday just before 2 a.m. That’s when Dallas police were called to the Landmark Apartments in the 3200 block of South Polk Street.
According to witnesses, 52-year-old Donnie Armstrong got into an argument with two Latin males and three Latin females, allegedly about property taken from a vehicle.
At some point, someone pulled a gun and began chasing Armstrong from an area convenience store. Armstrong was then seen running to the Landmark Apartments, which sit about a mile from the store. Police found Armstrong at the complex with a gunshot wound to the torso. He was pronounced dead a short time later at Methodist Hospital.
Investigators say the three Latin females fled the scene in a tan-colored Chevrolet SUV. (seen in picture at top of page)
Police are asking that anyone with information about the shooting or any of the five people believed to be involved please call Dallas Police homicide at 214-671-3647 or Crime Stoppers at 214-373-TIPS (8477). Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest and indictment in the case.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- DISD Student Captures Teacher’s Profanity-Laced Lecture On Cell Phone
- Texas Leads States Asking Judge Not To Lift Stay In Immigration Lawsuit
- Former Fort Worth Police Chief Ties To Taser Questioned
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures