Jordan Spieth Takes The Lead At Torrey Pines
Sports Fan Insider
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (AP) – Dallas native Jordan Spieth turned out to be the star attraction playing with Tiger Woods at Torrey Pines.
Spieth again showed game well beyond his 20 years with a 9-under 63 on the North Course. That gave him a one-shot lead over Stewart Cink going into the weekend at the Farmers Insurance Open. Cink had a 71 on the tougher South Course.
Woods played the opening two rounds with Spieth and was just along for the ride. In his first competition in six weeks, Woods had another day with no birdies on the par 5s and shot 71. He was nine shots behind.
Spieth last year shot 62 in the final round of the Deutsche Bank Championship playing with Phil Mickelson. He was more concerned with the score than the audience.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top 8 Oddest Jerry Jones Quotes
- TCU Gets $30 Million For Business School
- 2nd Chikungunya Case In Dallas County
- McKinney Dowell Middle School Evacuated Over Gas Leak
- Time Warner Cable Says Outages Largely Resolved
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures