FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were killed and three others seriously injured after a fire swept through two homes early Friday morning near the Fort Worth Stockyards.
Heavy flames were shooting through the roof of the one-story frame house when firefighters arrived in the 2600 block of Market Avenue around 1:50 a.m.
Three people — a man, woman, and child — escaped the burning home and were transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to the Fort Worth Fire Department.
A woman and a six-year-old child were killed in the fire.
A neighboring house was also damaged in the blaze, along with three vehicles.
The Red Cross is at the scene assisting the five displaced residents of the second home.
Fire investigators were called to the scene, but there was no immediate word on what might have caused the flames.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Speaker Straus: ‘No I Won’t’ Block Texas Bathroom Bill
- Mistaken Identity Leaves Allen Barber Explaining He’s Not A Shooting Suspect
- Sister Says UK Attack Victims Were ‘Having The Time Of Their Lives’
- Texas Appeals Court Overturns Ex-Baylor Player’s Conviction
- Death Rates Up For Middle Age Whites With Little Education
- Man Fights To Take Pregnant Wife Off Life Support
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- Flu Cases Spike In Texas, 13 Dead In Houston Area
- 70-Year-Old Brutally Attacked Outside Restaurant
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures