WAXAHACHIE (CBSDFW.COM) – Waxahachie police have made an arrest in a murder and robbery case from nearly five years ago.
Kajlon Jamaal Carroll, 22, has been charged with Capital Murder for the 2009 killing of Phillip Tucker inside the pawn shop Tucker owned. Police believe robbery was the motive behind the murder and say there could be more suspects in the case.
Police say they received a tip late last year that Carroll had talked about the murder with an acquaintance. When detectives interviewed him, Carroll agreed to give a DNA sample, which matched blood found at the scene.
When the crime happened back in August 2009, the surveillance equipment was torn out of the wall giving police very few clues to follow up on. But detectives say they never gave up on the case.
At the time of the murder, CBS 11 talked to Tucker’s widow and adopted 10-year-old son.
“My orphaned child has to grow up as an orphan again,” said Cathy Tucker. “We adopted him so he could have a father, now he doesn’t have a father.”
Tucker also had three daughters from a previous marriage.
Police believe someone else may have been involved in this crime and ask anyone with additional information to call the Waxahachie Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at 972-937-9940.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: Which UFA Forwards Should The Stars Keep?
- Police: 5 Teens Arrested For Racist Graffiti At Arlington School
- Baylor Football Becomes Latest College Program To Be Involved In Scandal
- Judge Orders Johnny Depp To Stay Away From Estranged Wife
- Dallas Police Searching For Man Who Exposed Himself To Woman
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures