FORT WORTH (CBS 11 News) – A young boy with a deadly disease was adopted as an honorary Horned Frog Saturday night by TCU’s baseball team.
Micah Ahern, 4, is fighting cancer. Specifically, he is fighting neuroblastoma, which he was diagnosed with in August of 2010.
The TCU baseball team found out about Micah’s story through Team Impact, an organization dedicated to children with terminal illnesses.
On Saturday night, the 4-year-old became the youngest honorary player to sign his loyalty to TCU. In case you’re counting, Micah would be in the class of 2027.
His motto is “Never Ever Give Up.”
Micah went through a round of chemotherapy recently, and still has five more years of treatment. He is being cared for at Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this story said the boy’s name was Michael Ahern. In this corrected version, his name is Micah Ahern. – Updated on Sunday, Jan. 26 at 4:25 p.m.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Small Plane Down In Parker County
- An Open Letter To Mark Cuban: These Aren’t Our Mavs
- Alleged Belk’s Burglar Behind Bars; One On The Run
- Choppy: The Kings Are The Latest NBA Soap Opera
- 2016 NBA All-Star Weekend Preview
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures