IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – It’s a spicy, hot and zesty weekend in Irving! From Jan. 24 to 26, the Irving Convention Center is holding ZestFest 2014.
The three-day January event mark’s the fest’s 12th year in the metroplex, but 4th consecutive year at the convention center in Irving.
The Spicy Food Productions event is for zest-loving foodies, according to spokeswoman Melissa Cannon of the convention center. Some of the activities held at the fest include food sampling, live music, interactive contests and cooking demonstrations from a celebrity chef.
This year, ZestFest is extending its Saturday hours by hosting “Dinner at ZestFest” from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. The dinner includes a roasted pig, barbecue ribs, brisket and beer cooked by Eddie Deen, owner of Smokey’s BBQ Restaurant in Fort Worth.
Tickets to the dinner are $15 each.
Some of the contest at this year’s ZestFest include a “Wingstop®’s Atomic Wing Eating Contest and the Jalsa ‘Jalapeno Eat-Off,'” Cannon said in a press release.
The Guinness World Records title holder of the World’s Hottest Chili will also be present at ZestFest.
Day passes to the fest are $14 each on Saturday and Sunday. Children 10 and under are free when accompanied by a ticket-holding adult.
ZestFest will be open on Saturday, Jan. 25 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 26.
Tickets can be purchased at the convention center box office or online, here.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Silent March Ends Without Incident
- DPD Cops Investigated After Controversial Podcast Night Of Ambush
- Courts Strike Blows To GOP Voter Restrictions In 3 States
- Texas A&M Suspends 2 Assistants For Jokes At Women’s Clinic
- Cowboys Have ‘Sugar Plum’ Visions As Camp Opens
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures