DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Arrangements have been made for the viewing and funeral of civil rights leader Adelfa Callejo, who died the morning of Saturday, Jan. 25 at the age of 90.
A viewing is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 29 at Sparkman-Hillcrest Funeral Home. At 7 p.m., Father Rudy Garcia will pray the Rosary.
Callejo’s funeral will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30, at La Virgen de Guadalupe Cathedral on Ross Avenue. The service will be celebrated by Bishop Kevin Farrell, with a one hour reception afterwards.
Following the funeral, Callejo’s family will depart with her body for a private family burial.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Austin Bombings Suspect Identified After Blowing Himself Up
- Jimmy Kimmel Takes Katie Couric To His Colonoscopy
- New Travel Costs Revealed For EPA Head Amid Ongoing Scrutiny
- Brewers Players Celebrate “The Sandlot” Anniversary In Online Video
- Axe Throwing Gaining Nationwide Popularity As Casual Sport
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures