HOUSTON (AP) – Nic Moore had a career-high 28 points as Southern Methodist overcame a sluggish first half to defeat Houston 75-68 Sunday and push the Mustangs’ win streak to five games.
Moore was 8 of 18 and connected on 11 of 12 from the free throw line as SMU (16-4, 5-2 American Athletic Conference) shot 61.5 percent in the second half. Markus Kennedy added 15 points and 10 rebounds, and Nick Russell had 10 points for SMU.
Danuel House led Houston with 22 points, and TaShawn Thomas added 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Cougars (11-9, 3-4), who dropped their fourth in the last five games.
Houston shot 56.5 percent in the second half and just under 48 percent in the game, including 8 of 18 from behind the arc, but the Cougars turned the ball over 16 times, leading to 16 points off turnovers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jordan Peele’s “Get Out” Follow-Up Set For 2019
- Big League Baseball’s Founding Documents To Be Auctioned
- Zuckerberg Says He’s Not Running For Public Office
- Spacewalking Astronauts Tackle Urgent ISS Repairs
- Renovation Projects Underway On Dozens Of DISD Campuses
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures