DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas police officer was arrested Tuesday for a sexual assault allegedly committed while on duty.
In September, Officer La’Cori Johnson stopped a woman in the 3200 block of Larga Dr. while on duty. Johnson told her she had an outstanding warrant for her arrest. He offered to refrain from taking her to jail in exchange for sex, according to Dallas Police Assistant Chief of Police Brigitte Gassaway.
He then took her to a nearby location where he allegedly raped her. The woman later reported the assault to Dallas police.
Officer Johnson resigned from the Dallas Police Department while under an internal affairs investigation. He was immediately arrested and taken to the Dallas County Jail. Johnson was hired in April 2009 and was assigned to Northwest Patrol Division.
Johnson was hired in April 2009 and worked in the northwest patrol division, according to Gassaway.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Paying $200 Million For Stake In China Southern
- Texan Pleads Guilty To Claiming Rigged Wisconsin Jackpot
- Music Teacher Says Jam Sessions Help Kids Graduate
- Mother Shot And Killed Trying To Sell Gaming Console
- Little Elm Residents Still Reeling From Hail Storms
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures