Dallas Officer Arrested For Raping Woman While On-Duty
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A Dallas police officer was arrested Tuesday for a sexual assault allegedly committed while on duty.
In September, Officer La’Cori Johnson stopped a woman in the 3200 block of Larga Dr. while on duty. Johnson told her she had an outstanding warrant for her arrest. He offered to refrain from taking her to jail in exchange for sex, according to Dallas Police Assistant Chief of Police Brigitte Gassaway.
He then took her to a nearby location where he allegedly raped her. The woman later reported the assault to Dallas police.
Officer Johnson resigned from the Dallas Police Department while under an internal affairs investigation. He was immediately arrested and taken to the Dallas County Jail. Johnson was hired in April 2009 and was assigned to Northwest Patrol Division.
Johnson was hired in April 2009 and worked in the northwest patrol division, according to Gassaway.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Details On Ebola Patient’s Arrival In Texas & Current Condition
- Ebola Fight – CDC Members Begin Arriving In North Texas
- Community Shocked By Ebola Case; Not Panicked
- More Sparks In Final Debate Between Abbott, Davis
- An Exclusive Look Inside Isolation Rooms
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures