Dallas Police Warning Residents After Uptown Sex Assault
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police are investigating a sexual assault that happened in Uptown, early this morning.
The attack happened in the 2200 block of Clark Street. According to police, it was around 1:00 a.m. when a woman went out to walk her dog in the courtyard of her condominium complex.
The woman, who is in her 30’s, told police that two white men, whom she didn’t know, approached her.
One of the men forced the woman to the ground, cut off her clothes, and began sexually assaulting her. The woman screamed and fought with her attacker and eventually both men ran away.
One of the men is described as being a white male, standing about 6’0” and weighing approximately 160 pounds. The man has brown hair and hazel eyes. There is no description of the second suspect.
Dallas police are warning Uptown residents to be alert for suspicious people in the area.
Jeanne Baxter lives in Uptown and told CBS 11 News that she too usually walks her dog alone. “It’s really scary, just because it’s a younger area so there’s a lot of people who are out late at night. You go out with friends at night and then come home and take your dog out because you’ve been gone.”
Baxter said she won’t be going out alone at night anymore.
O.J. Desouza also lives Uptown and said the attack has him concerned for those he cares about. “I have friends over and if they come over and it’s late at night — they are walking to their car alone. I’m absolutely going to start walking them to their car, just for peace of mind.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Light Up Arlington Packs Streets For Annual Display
- Patrick Grassroots Board Dissolves Amid Tea Party Grumbling
- Flooding And FAA Almost Force Coppell To Cancel Fireworks
- Kaboom Town Over Capacity, Turns People Away
- Business Boom At Lake Arlington
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures