GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – A Sunday domestic disturbance call ended with one dead, according to Garland police.
It happened just after 5:30 p.m. at the 900 block of Bay Shore Drive. Officers received reports of shots fired as they pulled up to the residence. Officers entered the home to find Steven Escobar, 32, with multiple gunshot wounds, and Glenn Keese, 52, holding a handgun, police said.
Keese released the gun and was taken into custody without incident. Fire paramedics transported Escobar to Medical Center of Plano where he later died.
Police said they believe Escobar was fighting with Keese’s family members when the argument turned deadly. Escobar was dating Keese’s niece, Kristina Keese.
Keese was taken into custody and faces a murder charge. His bail was set at $1 million.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 4 Inured, 1 Serious In Fort Worth City Bus Crash
- Top Republicans Want Texas Agencies To Cut Budgets
- Obama Urges Congress To Pass Zika Prevention Bill
- Matthew McConaughey Teaching UT Film Course
- U.S. Auto Sales Expected To Hit Record In First 6 Months
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures