Crews Battle Fire At Home In Trophy Club
TROPHY CLUB (CBSDFW.COM) – A family in Trophy Club will need a new place to live after fire ripped through their house late Tuesday night. The incident started around 11:00 p.m. in the 1000 block of Trophy Club Drive.
Flames and smoke were showing when firefighters arrived on the scene. Crews were able to extinguish the blaze and, thankfully, there were no injuries reported.
According to fire officials, one of the home’s residents used a dried up potted plant to put out a cigarette. But the dead plant ended up catching on fire. Flames traveled through the patio and into the home’s attic. Most of the fire was in the rear of the home.
Trophy Club Mayor Connie White lives across the street from the house. She offered to let the family stay with her afterwards, but said that they opted to stay with nearby relatives instead.
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: A Twitter Recap Of The Fight Of The Century
- Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao Top 5 Moments
- Floyd Mayweather Controls Pace, Defeats Pacquiao By Decision
- 2nd Annual Chris Kyle Memorial Benefit In Fort Worth
- Texas High Schools See Spike In STDs
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures