Dallas Stars Sign Ryan Garbutt To 3-Year Extension
Dallas Stars CentralShop for Dallas Stars Gear
Buy Dallas Stars Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) – The Dallas Stars announced Wednesday they signed Forward Ryan Garbutt to a three year contract extension. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Garbutt has posted a career-high 18 points in 46 games for the Stars this season.
“Ryan has shown that he is an effective, hard-hitting forward that plays the game with a great deal of speed and tenacity,” said Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill per a release from the team. “Over the course of the season, he has earned the trust of his coaching staff and has played himself into a role where we ask him to play against our opponent’s top players on a nightly basis. It’s a great credit to the work he has put in and we’re excited to have him signed.”
Garbutt, 28, a native of Winnipeg, Manitoba was originally signed by Dallas as a free agent in July 2011.
this is a developing story
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Lewis Gets 1st Win In 2 Years As Rangers Defeat White Sox
- Obamacare Website Flagged In Heartbleed Review
- Texas Search Group, FAA, At Odds Over Drone Use
- Perez Scores In 88th As FC Dallas Tops Toronto 2-1
- 1 Person Dead Following Head-On Collision In Balch Springs
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures