Family Wants Simmons Will Sealed
DALLAS (AP) - The wife of recently deceased Texas billionaire Harold Simmons wants his will sealed by a Dallas court.
Attorneys for Annette Simmons are expected to argue Wednesday before a Dallas County probate judge to have the will’s contents blocked from public view.
Simmons was an East Texas native who rose from poverty to head a sprawling corporate empire with interests ranging from energy to nuclear waste dumps. He donated hundreds of millions of dollars to charitable causes. He was also well known in the political world for his funding of Republican and conservative campaigns.
He bankrolled the 2004 ads questioning Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry’s Vietnam War service. Four years later, he funded ads attacking Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hurst Teen Posing As 6th Grader Charged With Indecency With Child
- Officer Santa: Dallas Police Chief Delivers Meals On Wheels
- Dallas Woman Killed By Hit-&-Run Driver
- Five Things: Titans Vs. Jaguars Thursday Night Roundup
- What’s At Stake: Colts Vs Cowboys
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures