ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have been awarded left-hander Pedro Figueroa on a waiver claim from Tampa Bay.
Figueroa made 24 relief appearances over two seasons for the A’s. He allowed four runs in three innings last season. He spent most of the year with Triple-A Sacramento.
The Rays waived Figueroa to make room for free agent closer Grant Balfour. Tampa Bay had acquired the 28-year-old Figueroa on waivers from Oakland.
The Rangers made room for Figueroa on the 40-man roster by designating right-hander Chaz Roe for assignment. The Rangers picked up Roe on waivers from Arizona. They have 10 days to trade, release or outright the 27-year-old Roe to the minor leagues.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More Than 100 Dead In Mexico Earthquake
- FC Dallas Midfielder Victor Ulloa Rattled, Family Touched By 7.1 Earthquake
- Annexation Fight Intensifies In McKinney
- Scammers Swap Phone Number With Legit Business, Customers Pay Price
- Dallas County Marshals Out Of A Job Amid Accusations
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures