South Florida Handles SMU 78-71
Sports Fan Insider
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Victor Rudd scored 21 points and Chris Perry tied a career high with 18, leading South Florida to a 78-71 victory against Southern Methodist on Tuesday night.
Corey Allen Jr. also finished with 18 for South Florida (11-10, 2-6, American Athletic Conference). Perry, the four-time conference Rookie of the Week, added a team-high eight rebounds.
Nic Moore scored 23 points, including four 3-pointers, to lead SMU (16-5, 5-3). Ben Moore and Markus Kennedy each had 11 points and Nick Russell added 10 for the Mustangs.
Both teams began slowly with only two field goals apiece midway through the first half. South Florida led 30-29 at the break after five lead changes.
Allen made four late free throws as South Florida hit all eight of its shots from the free throw line in the final 1:02.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Matt Harrison Makes First Spring Appearance In Texas ‘B’ Game
- BIG 12 Men’s Basketball Championship Begins Wednesday
- Donations Taken From Safe At Texas Megachurch
- Fire Crews Battle Dallas Apartment Blaze
- Skydiving Rules Changing Nationwide For Minors
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures