FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) — Frisco Police are investigating the death of a 10-year-old child at his residence, and his mother has been taken into custody.
Police discovered the body of the child on Wednesday night around 6:30 p.m. while responding to a welfare concern. Upon arrival, officers made contact with the child’s parents and subsequently discovered the body.
The child’s mother, 38 year-old Pallavi Dhawan, has been taken into custody in connection with the death. No formal charges have been filed at this time.
Authorities are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the child’s death.
Anyone with information related to the death is encouraged to contact Frisco Police at 972-292-6010.
Frisco ISD confirms the boy attended fifth grade at Isbell Elementary, where extra counselors are on hand for the next few days to assist students.
The school has also sent out a letter (see below) to notify parents.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
- Shutdown Possible After Trump Threatens To Veto Omnibus Spending Bill
- U.S. Postal Service Releases Mister Rogers Postage Stamp
- Animatronic T-Rex Bursts Into Flames At Colorado Dinosaur Park
- Sheriff Puts Punxsutawney Phil On “Wanted” List
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures