DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two more driveway robberies have been reported to Dallas police in the past 24 hours, adding to a rash of similar attacks recently reported by women.
Although the robberies are all happening in driveways, a place where the robbers expect victims to let their guards down, police are not sure if the same person is responsible for all the crimes.
The two most recent robberies happened on Wednesday, January 29. One of them happened around 11:15 a.m., as the 59-year-old victim was walking in an apartment complex parking lot in Northeast Dallas. She told police the robber appeared to have a gun and pushed her to the ground and kicked her in the mouth when she refused to turn over her purse. The robber eventually got away with the bag.
The second robbery occurred in Northwest Dallas shortly after 8 p.m. in the driveway of the victim’s home. The robber was reportedly was wearing a ski mask. He ordered the victim to get on the ground before taking her purse, wallet and phone.
Several other victims have reported they also were robbed by a man wearing a ski mask. Almost half a dozen women in one east Dallas area have reported similar attacks, but Dallas police say the victim descriptions and weapons used in these robberies have been different.
Police arrested a man Tuesday night for allegedly committing a driveway robbery on Walnut Street in north Dallas. Police are still investigating the other incidents, but right now have only connected the suspect to one robbery.
- Neighbors Try To Return 80-Year-Old Veteran To Home He Was Evicted From
- Video Showing Hundreds Packed Into Deep Ellum Street Raises Concerns
- First Lady: Kindness And Compassion Are Important In Life
- Search Underway For Missing Autistic Boy In Kaufman County
- Fraternal Twins Named Co-Valedictorians, Set To Head To MIT Together
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures