FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Do you have a hard time putting an outfit together? Is is difficult for you to find the time to go shopping? There is a business in North Texas that is taking the stress out of shopping by making the hunt for designer fashion mobile. It is called Couture in a Can.
You might have seen them rolling down the highway in a retro Airstream trailer. Couture in a Can is like a boutique on wheels. Do you think it is too cold to go out shopping? Let the shopping come to you!
Rosie Vann-Dalton and Sande Brandt are the co-owners of Couture in a Can, and said that it all began with a retail dream. “I just said, I really would love to have my own store,” said Brandt. They listened to the wishes of customers. “I wish you could come to my house. I hate to drive to the mall.”
After coming up with the mobile idea, Brandt said, “Then it was, ‘I hope people will let us bring a trailer to their house and show them clothes!'”
“There’s just something really cool about an Airstream,” added Vann-Dalton.
But the coolest part about this DFW business is that, with a day’s notice, they will come directly to you. “It’s just a great new way to do something that you’re going to do anyway,” said Brandt.
“It’s taking customer service to the next level,” said Vann-Dalton.
You would think that a service like Couture in a Can would charge some type of service fee or deposit to park in front of your home or business — wherever you are — while you go shopping. But they do not, because they do not have the same overhead costs as brick and mortar stores. That also means that prices are the same as most traditional boutiques.
And, yes, there are even fitting rooms inside of the trailer.
“The party atmosphere that’s in here, it’s fun. It’s light. It’s a great way to shop. There’s no dread,” said Brandt. “It’s really grown more girlfriend word of mouth.”
Couture in a Can just celebrated two years in business. They have customers all across the Metroplex, and hope to soon franchise. “We want little cans going all around America,” said Vann-Dalton.
“We want to make it a can nation,” added Brandt.
Couture in a Can will be stopping at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop in Argyle on Thursday for a big fundraiser. A portion of their sales will benefit the nonprofit Ranch Hand Rescue. Click here for more information about the event and the Couture in a Can business.
- Transgender Teen Says School Won’t Use Name He Identifies With At Graduation
- LeBron, Cavs Beat Celtics In Game 7, Reach NBA Finals
- Surveillance Video Captures Violent Attack In Deep Ellum
- Crews Searching For Teen At Private Quarry In Collin County
- More Than 220,000 Pounds Of Spam Recalled Over Oral Injuries
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures