Michael Young Retiring From Baseball
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBS SPORTS/CBSDFW.COM) - Seven-time All-Star Michael Young has decided to call it a career. He’ll make the announcement official during a press conference Friday at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.
Young had “three good offers,” per Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, but instead elected to begin spending more time with his family. The Youngs aren’t likely struggling financially anyway, as Young has banked over $90 million in his career, according to baseball-reference.com.
The Rangers have released the following statement:
“The Texas Rangers want to congratulate Michael Young on his outstanding major league career. For 12 seasons in a Rangers uniform, he was a standout performer on the field and the consummate role model in the community.
Get more on the story from CBS Sports.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- How To Pay: Credit Vs. Debit?
- Kimbell Museum Acquires Dutch Landscape Masterpiece
- False Fire Alarms Routine At North Texas Apartment Complex
- Stars Game Halted, Then Postponed After Player Collapses
- Natural Gas Industry Struggles To Keep Promises
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures