JUNCTION, Texas (AP) — A South Texas man has been charged with stealing a hearse from outside a church during a funeral.
Kimble County jail records show 19-year-old Omar Alejandro Gutierrez was being held Thursday on a charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. No attorney was listed for the San Antonio-area man, whose bond was set at $10,000.
Officials say the unoccupied hearse was left running Tuesday morning, amid cold weather, while parked outside a San Antonio church during a funeral.
Gutierrez was located hours later in the Junction area, more than 100 miles away, driving the hearse reported stolen by a San Antonio funeral home. Officers in Kimble County were on the lookout after getting a report that Gutierrez stopped for a meal but skipped out on paying the bill.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Parents Of Missing Texas Journalist Believe He Is Alive
- US Survives Bites, Tops El Salvador 2-0 To Advance
- Police: Upset Man Fired On AT&T Trucks Parked Outside Home
- Eviction Date For Family At Center Of Viral Arlington Arrest Video
- Parents Hope Texas Teen’s Last Text Will Spread Awareness
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures