Nearly 1,500 Holiday DWI Arrests In Texas
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - Texas troopers made nearly 1,500 drunken driving arrests during the recent holidays.
The Texas Department of Public Safety on Friday announced the numbers for the increased enforcement from Dec. 13 through Jan. 21. A Texas Department of Transportation grant helped fund additional patrols.
DPS made 1,490 DWI arrests, with 289 of those arrests a direct result of the increased patrols. Troopers also issued more than 24,800 speeding citations and 2,960 seat belt/child safety seat citations.
DPS made 1,070 fugitive arrests and 790 felony arrests during the 21-day reporting period.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Border Health Conference To Look At Impact Of Transient Diseases
- Women Business Owners Face Gender Gap, Report Says
- Jury To Reconvene In Kyle-Ventura Defamation Case
- Garland Officers Pull Teens From Burning Vehicle After Chase
- Mavs Weren’t Aware Of Rashard Lewis’ Knee Problem
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures