AUSTIN (AP) – Texas troopers made nearly 1,500 drunken driving arrests during the recent holidays.
The Texas Department of Public Safety on Friday announced the numbers for the increased enforcement from Dec. 13 through Jan. 21. A Texas Department of Transportation grant helped fund additional patrols.
DPS made 1,490 DWI arrests, with 289 of those arrests a direct result of the increased patrols. Troopers also issued more than 24,800 speeding citations and 2,960 seat belt/child safety seat citations.
DPS made 1,070 fugitive arrests and 790 felony arrests during the 21-day reporting period.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Community Reacts To Discovery Of Body Near Missing 3-Year-Old’s Home
- 1 Person Shot To Death Near Fair Park While Sitting In Vehicle
- Justin Timberlake To Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Elliott’s 3 TDs, 219 Yards Lead Cowboys Past 49ers 40-10
- Body Of Small Boy Washes Ashore On Galveston Beach
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures