DALLAS (AP) – U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius visits Dallas on Friday to promote community-based efforts to sign Texans up for health insurance.
Sebelius and U.S. Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson will visit Paul Quinn College on Friday afternoon to highlight how Texans can learn about the Health Insurance Marketplace. That’s an integral part of the Affordable Care Act scorned by critics as Obamacare.
Paul Quinn President Michael Sorrell and Dallas NAACP Branch President Juanita Wallace will speak of the work by the NAACP and other local organizations to inform consumers of the health insurance options available to them in the Marketplace.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FDA Calls For Zika Testing Of All Blood Donations
- Big Changes To Knox Street Causing Concern
- Puppy In Garbage Saved By Good Samaritan
- Texas Firefighter On Oregon Hike Found; 2nd Hiker Dies In Fall
- Arlington Police Seek Man Who Exposed Himself To Teen
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures