State Candidates Meet Texas Veterans
AUSTIN (AP) - Several candidates for Texas statewide offices are set to meet with veterans of foreign wars at their winter meeting in Austin.
U.S. Sen. John Cornyn and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, both Republicans who are seeking re-election are among those scheduled to speak Friday to the Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars.
Cornyn’s office says he wants to improve benefits and services for veterans.
State Sen. Leticia Van de Putte, a San Antonio Democrat who is running for lieutenant governor and chairs a senate veterans committee, also is scheduled to speak.
Also making an appearance is Gov. Rick Perry, who is not seeking a fourth full term but has yet to announce if he’ll run again for president.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tiger’s Plane Spotted In Augusta
- 5 Athletes To Witness Before It’s Too Late
- Historic Garland Home Moving To New Spot
- Vols Hire Former Texas Coach Barnes
- Microsoft Making Cheaper Surface Pro 3
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures