Western Kentucky Holds Off UTA 77-72
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) - T.J. Price scored 12 points in the final five minutes to earn Western Kentucky a 77-72 win over Texas-Arlington Thursday night.
Price drilled a 3-pointer with 4:34 left to get the Hilltoppers even at 62, then gave them a 65-62 lead by hitting three of four from the free throw line.
Lonnie McClanahan, who scored 11 of the Mavericks’ final 12 points, had two three-point plays to cut the lead to a point, 71-70 with 1:14 left to play, but Texas-Arlington could manage only one last McClanahan layup while Western Kentucky was 5 of 6 from the line to close out the win.
Price finished with 21 points to lead Western Kentucky (14-7, 6-2 Sun Belt), with Chris Harrison-Docks adding 17 and George Fant 11.
McClanahan led Texas-Arlington (9-11, 4-4) with 28 points, hitting 10 of 11 from the free throw line. Brandon Edwards added 19 points.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sony Pictures Pulls Plug on ‘The Interview’
- Admitted Molester At Center Of Child Porn Case Indicted
- Bed Bugs Infest Fort Worth Building, Employees Displaced
- Manhunt Continues For Man Accused Of Murder
- Pump Fake Still An Old Standby Tool In QB’s Belt
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures