DESOTO(CBSDFW.COM) – The DeSoto Independent School District announced Saturday that students will not have Presidents’ Day off.
The decision comes as a result of the December ice storm that slammed North Texas, causing DeSoto ISD to close schools on Dec. 6 and 9.
On Monday, Feb. 17, class will be held to make up for one of the ice storm closures.
To make up for the second day, class will be in session on Friday, June 6.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- U.S. Navy Destroyer USS John S. McCain Collides With Merchant Ship
- Gonzalez Pitches 6 Scoreless, White Sox Hold Off Rangers 3-2
- Trump To Make Announcement On Strategy For Afghanistan
- Sink Hole Develops On Haltom City Road
- Eclipse Eve: Millions Converge Across US To See Sun Go Dark
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures