Police Investigate Shooting In Royse City
Get Breaking News First
This story was updated at 2:34 p.m. on Feb. 1
ROYSE CITY (CBSDFW.COM) - Royse City police say a man shot his wife several times before turning the gun on himself. The incident happened at about 9:00 a.m. on Friday morning in the 400 block of Cookston Lane near FM 548.
Police received calls about gunshots in the area and arrived to find a man in his mid-30s, identified as Scott Croop, dead in the middle of the street from a single gunshot wound.
The female, identified as Kara Croop, was found just outside of a home with multiple gunshot wounds. She was transported to a hospital in Dallas.
As of Saturday afternoon, Kara Croop successfully underwent surgery and is recovering, according to Lisa Baker Canterberry, her attorney.
Canterberry told CBS 11 that the couple had been separated for awhile and had filed for divorce in November, which could have been finalized next week.
The couple shared an 11-year-old daughter, Alexandria, and Scott had recently tried to reconnect with her. According to Canterberry, Scott was also set to retire from the military today, after recently returning from serving overseas in Bahrain.
Chief Jeff Stapleton with the Royse City Police Department said nobody else is believed to be involved in this incident. Law enforcement officials are interviewing neighbors and witnesses to get a better idea about what really happened and what motivated the shooting.
- CDC: Highly Unlikely Ebola Virus Has Spread
- Dallas Cowboys Player Accused Of Sexual Assault
- Big Tex Preaches Ebola Precautions
- Uncertainty Continues At Apartments Where Ebola Patient Stayed
- Steroid Bust Nets Prison Guards, Would-Be NFLer
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures