‘Road To Sochi’ Tour Stops At Klyde Warren Park
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The U.S. Olympic Committee’s 2104 ‘Road to Sochi’ Tour will stop at Klyde Warren Park in Dallas on Feb. 1 and 2.
The stop in Dallas is the only Texas detour on the 13-stop tour, according to a press release.
The event will be held on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The event features “interactive sport elements” that will allow the public to put their Olympic and Paralympic skills to test. This includes a hockey slap shot test, a street luge ramp and a cross-country roller ski course.
At the event will be five-time Olympic medalist Chad Hedrick of Spring. Hedrick is a former inline speed skater and gold medalist in the 5000m in the 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Turin.
Accompanying Hedrick is Carly Patterson, a former Olympic gymnast and All-Around gold medal winner at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
This picture was posted to Hedrick’s Twitter account on Saturday:
The tour kicked-off on October 29 in New York City’s Times Square.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Good Samaritan Saves Woman From Gym Screwdriver Stabbing
- Dallas Shark Attack Survivor Talks About Experience, Recovery
- NFL VP Of Officiating Dean Blandino Joins Ben & Skin
- Fort Worth Stock Show Goes Pink
- Aviation Company Moving Into Vacant Alliance Airport Hanger
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures