TULSA, Okla. (AP) – D’Andre Wright and James Woodard both scored 18 points to lead a hot Tulsa offense in a 94-63 win over North Texas on Saturday.
Rashad Smith added 17 points for Tulsa (10-11, 5-2 Conference USA) as the Golden Hurricane shot 57 percent from the field.
Tulsa jumped to a 47-31 halftime advantage, led by 13 first-half points from Woodard. Lee Evans hit back-to-back 3’s midway through the first half before Woodard scored on two consecutive possessions to give Tulsa a 27-16 lead. The Golden Hurricane kept a double-digit lead for good after Smith’s basket with 6:52 left in the first half.
Jordan Williams led the Mean Green (11-10, 2-5) with 21 points and Brandan Walton added 15. Chris Jones had 11.
Tulsa has won six of its last eight games. The game marked the 51st meeting between the schools, but first since 2006 when North Texas earned a 65-63 win.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Protesters Call For Justice, Support For NFL Players Kneeling During National Anthem
- Eagles Gash Cowboys Defense In Route To 37-9 Win
- 10-Year-Old Girl Dies After Ejected In Fort Worth Crash
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Honors Jerry Jones At Halftime
- Cross-Border Wedding Held As California ‘Door of Hope’ Opens
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures