Virginia Murder Suspect Possibly Headed To West Texas
APPOMATTOX, Va. (CBSDFW.COM) – A Virginia man who police say killed his wife Friday might be on his way to west Texas, near Abilene.
The Appomattox County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call of a shooting around 4:35 p.m. Friday at a gas station near the town of Appomattox, Va.
Laura Lee Evans, 45, was found shot in her car. She later died at Lynchburg General Hospital.
Estranged husband Aubrey Bascom “Butch” Evans III, 69, is believed to have shot her.
Police say Evans fled the scene in a black 2003 Chevrolet Suburban with a yellow “Army” sticker displayed on it and Virginia handicap license plate 347-132. He was last traced to Georgia.
Evans is now wanted for first-degree murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. He is considered armed and dangerous.
According to law enforcement, Evans is a white male, is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs approximately 230 pounds. He has blue eyes and graying black hair. He was last seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and a knee brace.
Anyone with information on Evans’ location is asked to call 911 and notify local law enforcement, or call the Appomattox County, Va., Sheriff’s Office at 434-352-8241.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Airports Prep For Holiday Parking
- Lewisville ISD Educator Arrested For Improper Relationship
- Denton Residents Uneasy After Home Invasion Ends In Murder
- Cowboys Victory Makes Playoff Tickets A Hot Christmas Gift
- North Texas Police Have Safety Concerns After NYC Police Murders
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures