FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth police are investigating the death of a 3-year-old boy that was found unresponsive around 11:30 Saturday night in an apartment on Whittlesey Road.
Police spokeswoman Sharron Neal said emergency responders were dispatched after the boyfriend of the boy’s mother called 911.
The boyfriend was babysitting the child at the time while the boy’s mother was at work.
The child was transported to a nearby hospital but was later pronounced dead. The boy appeared to have drowned.
Medical examiners are now trying to determine an official cause of death.
The boyfriend was arrested on an unrelated warrant, but police are now investigating the death.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Nearly A Dozen Arrested In Texas Human Smuggling Ring
- No Winner Last Night, Powerball Jackpot Now At $478 Million
- Cowboys Draft Pick Dak Prescott Acquitted Of Mississippi DUI
- Dallas Police Locate Missing Mentally Diminished Man With Health Problems
- Democratic Donors, Allies Offer Reward For Trump Tax Returns
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures