ATLANTA (AP) – R.J. Hunter and Devonta White each drilled a 3-pointer at the end of regulation to pull Georgia State into a tie and force an overtime period that saw the Panthers outscore Texas Arlington 19-9 to pull out a 101-91 win.
The victory was a school record 12th straight for Georgia State, which trailed, 82-79 with 2.7 seconds left in regulation before White drilled a 30-footer with .4 seconds left.
The loss was the second heart-breaker in three nights for the Mavericks, who had Western Kentucky on the ropes before falling, 77-72 Thursday.
Hunter finished with 31 points and White added a career-high 30, converting 16 of 17 from the line, to lead conference-leading Georgia State (15-6, 8-0 Sun Belt). Ryan Harrow added 22 points and Manny Atkins pulled down 12 rebounds.
Reger Dowel scored 26 points to lead UTA (9-12, 4-5), with Jamel Outler and Lonnie McClanahan each adding 20.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plano Football Coaches Apologize For Dirty Hit In Denton Game
- Crime Spree Leaves Man Dead In Dallas And In Cedar Hill
- North Texas Wedding Photographer Ruins Brides Big Day
- At Each Other From The Start: Clinton, Trump Debate
- Dallas Police And Fire Pension Struggling
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures