Mesquite PD Investigate Apparent Murder-Suicide
Get Breaking News First
MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) - Mesquite police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide that took place around 8 p.m. Saturday in the 3600 block of Edgebrook Dr.
Officers received the call regarding a shooting just after 8 p.m.
On scene, law enforcement located a 32-year-old man lying in a residential home’s living room with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was alive at the time he was found.
MPD then located another man, 55, dead in the backyard of the home. The older man had been shot in the chest, and had a gun in his possession when he was found.
The 32-year-old died shortly after he was transported to Baylor Hospital in Dallas.
Witnesses told MPD the two men had an argument before the shooting took place. The older man was reportedly staying at the house with his adult daughter and the victim, her boyfriend.
Identities of the two men have yet to be released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jury In Jesse Ventura/Chris Kyle Case To Return Tuesday
- Fort Worth Doctor Who Contracted Ebola In Grave Condition
- 5 Biggest NFL Training Camp Storylines
- Too Beautiful To Play? 6 Things You Need To Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- FBI: Rowlett Man Sent Hundreds Of White Powder Letters
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures