FORT WORTH (AP) – Asya Bussie scored 19 points and pulled down a career-high 15 rebounds as No. 20 West Virginia overcame a sloppy offensive performance to beat TCU 66-62 Saturday night.
TCU (12-9, 3-6 Big 12) led 56-42 after Donielle Breaux’s layup with 7:50 remaining. West Virginia then rattled off a 16-4 run, capped by the second of back-to-back 3-pointers by Taylor Palmer, pulling ahead 62-56 with 2:34 left.
Zahna Medley, who paced TCU with 29 points, single-handedly outscored WVU (19-3, 8-2) 6-1 over a 59-second span to pull the Horned Frogs within a point, 63-62. Palmer, however, made 3 of 4 free throws in the final 32 seconds to hold off TCU.
West Virginia shot just 35 percent from the field and 29 percent from 3-point range but out-rebounded TCU 52-26, including a 21-6 advantage on the offensive glass.
Palmer finished with 14 points and Averee Fields added 11 and nine rebounds.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Searching For Man Who Exposed Himself To Woman
- Former Duncanville Teacher Starts 10 Year Sentence For Student Affair
- Rain Boots Fit For A Queen On-Trend At Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- TSA Put To Test With Memorial Day Weekend Travel
- Texan With Character: Aman Lee
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures