Texas G Felix To Miss TCU Game With Concussion
AUSTIN (AP) — Texas sophomore guard Javan Felix will miss the 25th-ranked Longhorns’ game at TCU on Tuesday night because of a concussion, the school announced Sunday night.
Texas (17-4, 6-2 Big 12) moved into second place in the conference with an 81-69 victory over No. 6 Kansas on Saturday. Felix was in a hard collision with Jayhawks 7-foot center Joel Embiid late in the game.
Felix was knocked to the court, but was able to keep playing and made 7 of 8 free throws over the final 2:36 to help Texas seal its fourth consecutive victory over a ranked opponent.
A statement from a school spokesman announcing Felix’s injury did not indicate when he might return.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Passenger Blames American Airlines For Wife’s Death
- Movement Underway To Raise Texas Daycare Standards
- Denton County Jail Denies Inmates In-Person Visits
- Monster Truck Theft Leads Police To Auto Theft Ring
- Pothole Problems Will Get Worse Before They Get Better
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures