OKLAHOMA/TEXAS BORDER (CBSDFW.COM) – At least three people were killed and six others hurt Sunday night after an accident involving two 18-wheelers and an SUV on the border bridge between Texas and Oklahoma.
One of the dead is a child. All of the victims came from the SUV, authorities said.
The Oklahoma Highway Patrol said the crash happened on the southbound lanes of US Highway 75 over the Red River around 9 p.m.
The names and ages of the victims was not immediately known Sunday.
Lt. Scott Hampton with the OHP says the southbound bridge was expected to be shut down for several hours while troopers investigate the crash.
An accident reconstruction team will likely be sent to the site later this week to further investigate.
Our Texoma sister station KXII-TV sent a crew to the scene.
CBS 11 will post updates as they become available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Pitcher Bartolo Colon Cut By Rangers, Could Rejoin Them Soon
- March For Our Lives: Thousands In North Texas Join Nationwide Movement
- Paul McCartney Rallies In New York To Remember John Lennon
- New York Firefighter Dies Battling Blaze On Set Of Movie
- Hundreds Of Thousands Across US March For Gun Control
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures