Are You Sick And Tired Of Feeling Sick And Tired?
CBS DFW (con't)
Affordable Care Act Updates: CBSDFW.com/ACA
Health News & Information: CBSDFW.com/Health
Texas Leaders Consider Freeing More PrisonersAUSTIN (AP) - Texas lawmakers are discussing whether releasing nonviolent convicts is a money-saving way to help deal with a projected $15 billion state budget shortfall. Senate Criminal Justice Committee Chairman John Whitmire of Houston says the state does not have the resources to continue business as usual in Texas. Whitmire said Tuesday that "everything is on the table for discussion this year." The Austin American-Statesman reports lawmakers are considering whether nonviolent foreign citizens who are up for parole and old, ill convicts might be considered for early released. Police, prosecutors and crime victims groups are urging caution in paroling any more convicts. House Corrections Committee chairman Jerry Madden of Richardson says whatever lawmakers decide, it should not compromise public safety. A 2009 legislative study urged that additional medical paroles be considered. (© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
DALLAS (KRLD) – If you have chronic pain, fatigue, indigestion or just feel a little “run down”, you may want to look at what you’re eating.
More healthcare professionals are finding that diet plays a huge role in how your immune system functions.
KRLD’s Heather Behrens tells us why we should listen to our gut.
And while we all know that fried foods and sweet treats can make a person feel sick, can healthy food cause problems too?
Health care professionals who practice functional medicine say it can — if you have a food allergy or sensitivity.
Behrens spoke with a local musician who says food brought her pain, then healing.
Click here for more information about nutrition and healthcare from a local dietitian.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Southlake Neighborhood On Alert After Attempted Child Luring
- 89-Year-Old Grandmother Required To Post Sex Offender Sign
- Security Lapse At Dallas Ebola Victim’s Former Apartment
- RJ Choppy’s Degenerate Picks
- Friends Bring Halloween To Boy Who Needs Transplant
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures