Cleburne Offering ‘Get Out Of Jail’ Cards Prior To State Warrant Roundup
CLEBURNE (CBSDFW.COM) — If you have a warrant out for your arrest in Cleburne, police are giving you one last opportunity to avoid jail time.
The City of Cleburne will be offering a “get out of jail” free card leading up to its warrant roundup from Feb. 14 through March 1. Law enforcement agencies throughout the state will also participate in the roundup.
To avoid jail time, offenders must pay their outstanding fees prior to the roundup date next Friday.
“The goal is to ask those who are facing warrants from the City of Cleburne to pay their fines and eliminate any further hassle or embarrassment,” Court Administrator Dianna Faulkenberry said.
Beginning Feb. 22, officers will be going to the homes or businesses of offenders to make the arrests.
The city says there are currently 2,207 outstanding warrants totaling over $870,000 in fines.
“This is not designed to simply make money for the city, it helps to eliminate the huge backlog of paperwork that currently exists within the system,” said Faulkenberry.
A complete list of people subject to the warrant roundup is available on the city’s website.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures