Fewer Flight Cancellations At DFW Airport
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) — Though the immediate DFW area largely escaped icy roads and winter weather conditions, flights at DFW International Airport were still affected on Sunday.
In all, 285 flights — or roughly one-third of the day’s schedule — were cancelled Sunday, primarily as a precaution.
An airport spokesman says the precautions — which included treating the runways, taxiways, and ramps with de-icing liquids — were taken just in case a major ice event occurred.
But on Monday morning, crews are working hard and hoping to get passengers on their way.
Several travelers at the airport expressed concern that their flights would be cancelled. However, only six flights leaving DFW have been cancelled on Monday morning.
Travelers are still urged to check their flight status before heading to the airport, as weather conditions across the country are impacting travel.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Tech Hopes To Rebound vs Iowa St After 2-Game Skid
- Drunk Driver Blamed For Lewisville Crash
- Major Closures At North Tarrant Express Project
- Niemi, Stars Shut Out Penguins 3-0 In Season Opener
- Broken Texas Tries To Fix Season Against No. 10 Oklahoma
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures