FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — The Tarrant County Medical Examiner has ruled Anthony Segora’s death a homicide.
According to the report the 2 year old died from blunt force trauma to the abdomen.
Segora was found unresponsive Saturday night in the 5900 block of Whittlesey Road in Southeast Fort Worth.
“It’s terrible it just a baby,” says Michael Waters who is Segora’s Father’s Cousin “It’s like if one of my babies died.”
Segora’s mother’s boyfriend, Erik Delarosa, was taking care of him at the time.
Delarosa called 911.
Police arrested him on an unrelated charge of Criminal Mischief.
“It makes me sick to my stomach,” says Bebe Gibson who is a neighbor “I can’t handle that I can’t handle it.”
Neighbors say they’ve had trouble coping and explaining to their own kids what happened.
“He was a little teddy bear he was so cute he used to play with my kids,” says Sean Townsend who is another neighbor “I can’t believe it.”
A teddy bear and cross are the only signs that the toddler lived at the home.
Child Protective Services is investigating the death as well.
Two siblings a 3 year old brother and a 4 year old sister have been placed in foster care.
There is CPS history with the family including neglect and abuse.
A candle light vigil will be held Monday night to remember the little boy.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Officer Suffers Brain Hemorrhage While Training For Charity Event
- Butler, Towns Lead T-Wolves Past Rockets 121-105 In Game 3
- Barbara Bush’s Granddaughter Gives Birth To Son
- Barbara Bush Eulogized As ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- Texas School Apologizes After 8th Graders Asked To List Positives Of Slavery
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures