FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — One man is in custody in Fort Worth after firing a gun inside an apartment and refusing to surrender to police for nearly five hours early Monday morning.
Police say the situation started around 12:15 a.m. on Birkdale Drive near the Ridglea Country Club, where the 27-year-old fired shots inside his town home. Some of the shots penetrated walls and entered neighboring apartments, though no one was injured.
Police say the suspect’s wife indicated that the man was showing signs of being mentally unstable.
Hostage negotiators and a SWAT team were deployed to the scene, though the suspect was unwilling to surrender. Officers used tear gas to force the man from the home, and he was arrested just after 5:00 a.m.
The suspect has been charged with discharging a deadly weapon. He is also expected to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Specialized Nurses Helping Rape Survivors Heal At Parkland
- Dangerous Drivers Stop Traffic To Put On Show
- W. Virginia Rolls Past Baylor 11-1 In Big 12 Tourney
- Battenfield Leads Oklahoma State Past Top-Seeded Texas Tech
- Officer Suffers Seizure After Being Rear-Ended
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures