FORT WORTH (AP) – A convicted felon has been sentenced to 99 years in prison for robbing a North Texas phone store and locking a worker in a safe.
Tarrant County prosecutors on Monday announced the penalty for 26-year-old Osbaldo Valdez. Jurors on Thursday convicted Valdez of aggravated robbery for a holdup last February in Fort Worth.
Investigators say Valdez wore a mask and pointed a gun at a Metro PCS worker, stole some money and also took some cellphones before locking her in a safe. She called 911 from inside the safe.
A witness saw the robber flee. Surveillance video also linked the holdup to Valdez, who used the stolen phones to call his mother and a girlfriend.
Records show Valdez, who was sentenced Friday, has previous convictions for burglary and assault.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vegan Brisket? It’s A Thing!
- Dallas Officer, Military Service Members Receive Vehicle Donations
- El Paso Police Searching For Convicted Sex Offender
- GCISD Unveils $18M Improvements Plan For Football Stadium
- Baby Partially Removed From Womb For Surgery, Then Put Back
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures