FORT WORTH (AP) – A convicted felon has been sentenced to 99 years in prison for robbing a North Texas phone store and locking a worker in a safe.
Tarrant County prosecutors on Monday announced the penalty for 26-year-old Osbaldo Valdez. Jurors on Thursday convicted Valdez of aggravated robbery for a holdup last February in Fort Worth.
Investigators say Valdez wore a mask and pointed a gun at a Metro PCS worker, stole some money and also took some cellphones before locking her in a safe. She called 911 from inside the safe.
A witness saw the robber flee. Surveillance video also linked the holdup to Valdez, who used the stolen phones to call his mother and a girlfriend.
Records show Valdez, who was sentenced Friday, has previous convictions for burglary and assault.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Paying $200 Million For Stake In China Southern
- Texan Pleads Guilty To Claiming Rigged Wisconsin Jackpot
- Music Teacher Says Jam Sessions Help Kids Graduate
- Mother Shot And Killed Trying To Sell Gaming Console
- Little Elm Residents Still Reeling From Hail Storms
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures