Registration Deadline Monday For Texas Primaries
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) — Texas voters have one last day to register for next month’s primary elections.
Secretary of State Nandita Berry says the deadline is Monday to register for the March 4 Democratic and Republican primaries. The deadline also applies to Texas voter registration updates such as changing addresses.
Texans can go online and download a mail-in application. Registration must be received or postmarked no later than Monday. Eligible voters can also apply in person at their county voter registrar’s office.
Early voting begins Feb. 18 and runs through Feb. 28. Berry says the deadline to request a ballot by mail is Feb. 21. Photo identification is required to cast a ballot in person.
The general election will be held Nov. 4.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Severely Injured Plano Puppy Gets A New Lease On Life
- Wash On Walk-Off: ‘They Never Get Old’
- New Rules For Texas Bingo Halls On Hold
- Portion Of Collapsed Trinity Boulevard Set To Reopen Soon
- Trending: Lance Armstrong’s New Job, President/VP Selfie
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures