AUSTIN (AP) – Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott says he raised more than $3.1 million last month in his run for Texas governor.
Abbott reported Monday that his January fundraising haul now gives him $29.4 million in total campaign cash. It’s a warchest that Abbott began stockpiling years ago while quietly building an anticipated run to replace Gov. Rick Perry.
That has given Abbott a commanding fundraising lead over Democrat Wendy Davis. The Fort Worth state senator last month reported raising $12.2 million since she catapulted to national stardom last summer with a nearly 13-hour filibuster over abortion restrictions.
The primary is March 4.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vacant Elementary School Catches On Fire
- Rescue Still Ongoing For Boy Who Fell Into Brazos River
- Coast Guard Closes Neches River After Oil Spill
- Spieth Earns 8th PGA Win, 1st in Texas
- Fielder, Moreland Lead Rangers Past Pirates 6-2
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures