PLANO (CBS 11 NEWS) – Jackson Blitch of Plano is a rambunctious, Batman loving, Hot Wheels crashing, rough and tumble boy… who still manages to stay in touch with his softer side.
The four-year-old’s emotional response to what he calls ‘the sad song’ — “Say Something” by a Great Big World featuring Christina Aguilera — has become the latest YouTube cute sensation.
Jackson’s dad, Mark Blitch, said, “He’s always reacted emotionally to songs. This is the first time where he’s like, ‘I like being sad and I want to keep listening to it’.”
Gentleman: lock up your daughters. Jackson’s dad pressed record one day when the song came on the radio and the rest is video internet history. The clip has been viewed more than a million times already.
“I’m speechless,” Blitch said amazed. “I knew that I was making magic for my wife and my family. It’s crazy to think that people have seen this guy over a million times, crying to a song.”
Meanwhile, Jackson is racing his Batman car across the floor, calling for his Dad to assemble the Hot Wheels track, and is sweetly oblivious to his updated status as an internet sensation.
“He knows that people have seen it and he’s like ‘Okay. Let’s go play a game.’ Which is great for me because there’s no expectations,” Blitch said of his son’s concern about his new found fame.
Mark Blitch, and his wife Hanna said they’re just having fun and cataloging memories, because they realize you can’t manufacture magic — sometimes it just happens.
In the end, Jackson didn’t have to ‘say’ anything—he just let his sweet, tender tears do all the talking.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- WATCH: Fisherman Captures Destruction Of His Boat By Distracted Boater
- This Week in College Basketball: Duke’s Bagley Plays Role Of Doctor, Pops Own Shoulder Back In
- iPhone Update Will Allow Users To Stop Battery Slowdown, Tim Cook Says
- Search Underway For Man Who Groped 2 Women In Parking Lots
- Fort Worth Officer Loses Everything In House Fire
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures