DALLAS, Texas (CBS11 NEWS) – February is the month of love…. Except at one art gallery where it’s the month of Art Love and Magic.
Mike Lagocki created ArtLoveMagic to connect artists with audiences. “We’ve always prided ourselves on having everyone from amateurs who are showing for the first time to a couple of Pulitzer prize winners who’ve worked with ArtLoveMagic.” said Lagocki.
The concept started seven years ago and this month they’re bringing the show back to the gallery it all started at – the Janette Kennedy South Side on Lamar.
Each piece has a little bit of a story beside it about why it was created. There’s even an opportunity inside the gallery for people to draw themselves on sketch books.
The month long exhibit also includes special events, including one that brings kids and artists together.
Lagocki shared with CBS 11 how the kids program works. “Sculptors and painters set up their workspace and the kids get to go through the space the way they want, create what they what with no rules and no specific way they have to go through the experience. We’ve had Pulitzer prize winners teaching 10 year olds how to make art, that is a cool experience and I love that.”
For more information visit the website: ArtLoveMagic.com
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- HGTV’s ‘Fixer Upper’ To End After Upcoming Fifth Season
- Police: Ellis County Thieves Going On Shopping Sprees
- SEC Football Report: A&M Outscores Arkansas, Florida Escapes
- Documents Detail Police Findings After Plano Mass Murder
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: NFC North Rivalry Renewed Between Chicago And Green Bay on CBS
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures