DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — On Feb. 4, 2004, college students were allowed to join a new and revolutionary social media site called Facebook.
After 10 years in operation, the site now boasts over 1.23 billion users.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, Facebook is releasing a new user interface called Look Back, which allows users to relive some of their biggest moments documented on Facebook.
Depending on how much content one has posted to the site, users can view a personalized movie, a collection of their top photos, or simply a ‘thank you’ card.
Facebook released the following statement on its page, while also introducing Look Back to users.
“Our 10th birthday only happened because of all your friendships, stories and memories along the way. Thank you.”
Voice your opinion on the KRLD Sound-Off Line at 214-525-7442 at listen for your comments on Newsradio 1080 KRLD.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DART Pulled Into Dallas Police And Fire Pension Debate
- Zoo: Live Video Of Giraffe Giving Birth Was Labeled Explicit
- AP Source: Suns Send Tucker To Toronto For Sullinger, Picks
- NAFTA In Trump Era Is Focus At US-Mexico Trade Forum
- Agent: Thunder Acquire Gibson, McDermott In Trade With Bulls
- Azle Residents Take Quake Concerns To Austin
- Cowboys’ Romo Update: Complication In Back Surgery
- TCU Students Demand Higher Quality Toilet Paper
- Garland Police Arrest Teen Suspect For 7-11 Clerk Murder
- Owner Reunites With Dog 4 Months After ‘Dognapping’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures